Infection Control Skill Sets
Free, short, accredited training for Victorian businesses to identify and manage the ongoing risk of COVID-19 in the workplace.
As Victorian businesses start to emerge from coronavirus (COVID-19) restriction settings, employers and workers need to ensure they can safely reopen and engage with customers.
Alpine Institute is now offering a free, short, accredited training course, as a mixture of online and workplace-based learning, to help staff identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections.
This targeted course is available to employers and workers in Victorian businesses where COVID-safe practices are vital. There is a focus on six priority sectors (retail, accommodation and food, transport including postal and warehousing, construction, manufacturing, health care and social assistance).
After completion of the training, staff will be able to confidently:
- follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- identify infection hazards and assess risks
- follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.
Participants will learn a range of skills, including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission