Diploma of Nursing, Certificate III and IV
COVIDSafe Summer restrictions are in place across Victoria from 11.59pm on Sunday 6 December 2020. COVIDSafe Summer restrictions will be in place until at least the end of January 2021.
During COVIDSafe Summer, Alpine Institute education settings are open without density quotients in their learning/classroom spaces.
Density limits of one person per two square metres apply in staff areas, such as lunchrooms and areas accessed by the public, such as reception areas.
Graduations and end-of-year events: Department of Health and Human Services guidance on COVIDSafe Summer for graduations or events planned will be followed. Restrictions will be specific to a venue and its density limits – for example, whether it is inside or outside, a hospitality venue or community centre.
Alpine Institute will continue to have COVIDSafe Plans in place.
Face masks are strongly recommended in settings where it’s not possible to keep 1.5 metres physical distance from other people, but they are no longer mandatory.
First Aid & CPR
Following the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and DHHS recommendation, Alpine Institute has decided to reintroduce Provide First Aid & CPR courses to our community.
Alpine Institute will continue to provide all necessary resources to maintain participants’ health and safety. In order to do this, Alpine Institute has adopted the following procedures:
- Course numbers will be reduced to meet the physical distancing requirements in class sessions;
- All equipment will be thoroughly cleaned with wipes before and after training;
- All participants entering the building will be temperature checked, questioned on current health status and required to hand sanitise;
- PPE including masks, gloves, hand sanitises and wipes available in class;
- All participants to be reminded to wash their hands frequently with soap and water;
- Bandaging techniques, CPR, recovery position and use of EpiPens will be demonstrated by trainer. Participants will be able to practice on themselves instead of other participants;
- No face-to-face contact during CPR assessment on a manikin. Participants are not to breathe into manikin at any time. The two breaths can be done off to the side of the manikin;
- Each participant will have their own manikin during class to practice CPR on.
What if I am not feeling well? Can I still attend class or clinical placement?
No, if you are not feeling well, please contact Alpine Health to report your symptoms and reschedule your session.
Prior to going to class or clinical placement, take your own temperature and do not attend class if you meet any of the following criteria:
- if you have fever (37.5 Celsius or higher);
- if you are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms such as shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, nasal congestion, fever or loss of sense of taste or smell;
- if you are waiting on a COVID-19 test result;
- if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not yet been given clearance from self-isolation;
- if you have had known contact with a person who was a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
For more information, please visit: