All Alpine Institute Programs
(Diploma of Nursing, Certificate III and IV, Skill Sets)
The Alpine Institute is committed to work within the COVID safe directions provided by the Department of Education and Training and the Department of Health. The Alpine Institute and Alpine Health have a COVID Safe plans that allow for the adpation of trianing and services during the pandemic.
Current restrictions being adhered to in the Alpine Institute and Alpine Health envrionments, these may be adapted to meet addtional items on direciton from the department at any point:
- Face masks are mandatory indoors and outdoors for people aged 12 and over and are highly recommended for primary school aged children. You do not need to wear a mask in your own home, or if a lawful exception applies.
- a density limit of 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Online study were possible, reduced class sizes were possible.
- Sanitizing stations and hand washing facilities located throughout the buildings and at entry and exit points.
- Cleaning of all surfaces after each room use, deep cleaning on a rostered and regural basis.
- ID checks may be carried out if required by the department to ensure location restrictions are being adhered to.
All sites are using a Sign in system (SinePro), it is a requirement for you to sign in everytime you enter our sites.
Graduations and end-of-year events: Will be run in line with the most current restriction advise. This will be communicated to students through the Learning Management System and Student Mangement System.
For further ifnormation please refer to the follwoing website:
Mandatory Vacination for Residential Aged Care Workers
From 17 September 2021, residential aged care workers must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Full time, part-time and casual residential aged care workers, volunteers engaged by a facility, and students on placement are required to receive a minimum first dose COVID-19 vaccine by this time.
The national framework for mandatory COVID-19 vaccination endorsed by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) provides recommendations on who must be vaccinated.
State or territory public health orders and directions will define who must be vaccinated and any limited exemptions.
As Alpine Health is a residental Aged Care provider ALL STUDENTS will be required to have the COVID-19 Vaccination. For further infromation you can contact the Student Services Co-ordinator or visit the Department of Health website:
First Aid & CPR
Following the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and DHHS recommendation, Alpine Institute has decided to reintroduce Provide First Aid & CPR courses to our community.
Alpine Institute will continue to provide all necessary resources to maintain participants’ health and safety. In order to do this, Alpine Institute has adopted the following procedures:
- Course numbers will be reduced to meet the physical distancing requirements in class sessions;
- All equipment will be thoroughly cleaned with wipes before and after training;
- All participants entering the building will be temperature checked, questioned on current health status and required to hand sanitise;
- PPE including masks, gloves, hand sanitises and wipes available in class;
- All participants to be reminded to wash their hands frequently with soap and water;
- Bandaging techniques, CPR, recovery position and use of EpiPens will be demonstrated by trainer. Participants will be able to practice on themselves instead of other participants;
- No face-to-face contact during CPR assessment on a manikin. Participants are not to breathe into manikin at any time. The two breaths can be done off to the side of the manikin;
- Each participant will have their own manikin during class to practice CPR on.
What if I am not feeling well? Can I still attend class or clinical placement?
No, if you are not feeling well, please contact Alpine Health to report your symptoms and reschedule your session.
Prior to going to class or clinical placement, take your own temperature and do not attend class if you meet any of the following criteria:
- if you have fever (37.5 Celsius or higher);
- if you are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms such as shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, nasal congestion, fever or loss of sense of taste or smell;
- if you are waiting on a COVID-19 test result;
- if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not yet been given clearance from self-isolation;
- if you have had known contact with a person who was a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
For more information, please visit: